As we learned in the Earthquake episode, we need to be prepared for natural disasters as much as we can. Here are a few must-haves that we at the sweaty penguin recommend you have for the next tectonic shift!
- Bobblehead: you probably already have a bunch of these on hand. When they nod “yes,” hunker down for an earthquake! A bobblehead of Louie Anderson will probably work the best.
- Jello: when you see the Jello a-wigglin’, you’ll know an earthquake’s a-comin’!
- Chocolate Milk: you should already have a glass of chocolate milk handy (it’s a great source of Vitamin D) but now when it spills into your lap without you touching it, you’ll know to prepare for a quake!
- Gum: we recommend you chew up gum and use it to stick tall furniture, like bookshelves, to the wall to prevent it from falling.
- Googly Eyes: you have to be cute and prepared at the same time, so stick these on objects around your house, apartment, or dorm to check them for earthquakes.
- Dashboard Hula Dancers: similar to a bobblehead, these ladies will shift their hips when a tectonic plate is shifting!